I founded Camban Studio in 2018 to share my passion for design, colour, texture, print, pattern, beautiful materials. and the natural beauty of my home landscape in Scotland.
I graduated from The Glasgow School of Art in Product Design and then went on to train as a Jeweller, working on commissioned fine jewellery pieces. I now work from my studio at Deemouth Artist Studios, Aberdeen, having returned to a childhood love of textiles and hand stitch.
This is Camban Bothy...
GRID REF: LR 33: NH 0533
bothy, (ˈbɒθi/), noun
(in Scotland) a small hut or cottage, especially one for housing farm labourers or for use as a mountain refuge.
Camban Bothy is located at the far West end of Glen Affric -part of the Clan Chisholm lands from the 15th to the mid 19th centuries. Chisholm is my maiden name, so I'm Clan Chisholm, hence the name Camban Studio!
My studio is located at the fabulous Deemouth Artist Studios in Torry, Aberdeen, which is home to a growing, vibrant and supportive maker and artist community.
The makers and artists I work alongside provide numerous opportunities for networking and collaboration and there's always inspiring activity happening. Visit our Deemouth Artist Studio Website for more information and to sign up to their dedicated mailing list to be informed about different on site events and workshops.
- FOLD, The Barn, Banchory, Aberdeenshire.
AWARDS & RESIDENCIES:
- (Shortlisted) New Landscapes: Fashion, Textiles & Technology Catalyst Grant 2021 - University of the Arts London & British Council
- Creative Funding Award 2021 - Aberdeen City Council
- Youth Arts Practitioner Award 2021 - Creative Learning Aberdeen & Creative Scotland.
- Visual Artist Craft Maker Award Winner 2020 - Creative Learning Aberdeen & Creative Scotland.
- COMPASS Emerging Makers Programme 2020 - Craft Scotland
- CRAFTING FUTURES Scottish Textile Residency 2019 - Applied Arts Scotland & British Council (Architecture, Design, Fashion)
- Visual Artist Craft Maker Mentor Award Winner 2018 - Creative Learning Aberdeen & Creative Scotland.
- The Barn, Third Stage Art, Workshop Faciliation, Mar 2022
- Applied Arts Scotland, Sustaining Craft Business Practice, Speaker, Feb 2022
- Creative Learning Aberdeen, VACMA Case Studies, Digital Co-Ordination and Support, Jan - Mar 2022
- Aberdeen Art Gallery & Museums, Zandra Rhodes Family Block Print Digital Workshop Facilitation, 2022
- Creative Learning Aberdeen, Living Advent, Digital Workshop Facilitation, Dec 2021
- Applied Arts Scotland, Sustaining Creative Practice Through Collaboration Online Panel Discussion, Speaker, Oct 2021
- Creative Learning Aberdeen, Summer of Play: Art Week, Creative Practitioner, Jul 2021
- Aberdeen Art Gallery, Shop at the Top, Dec 2021 - Mar 2022
- V&A Festive Market, V&A Dundee, Nov 2019, 2021
- Flock, The Barn, Banchory, Nov 2018, 2019, 2020(online),2021
- Deemouth Artist Studios Torry Christmas Pop Up Market, Nov 2020,2021
- The Great British Exchange at John Lewis & Partners Pop Up, Nov 2020
- The Glenlivet Winter Fayre, Dec 2020
- Etsy Made Local Christmas, Dec 2018, 2019, 2020
- Tea Green Online Marketplace, May 2020, Oct 2020
- Tea Green at Kibble Palace, Glasgow, Jun 2019, Dec 2019
- Botanica by the Sea Pop Up Shop, Hy, Stonehaven, Aug 2019
- CLOTH#19, Dovecot Studios, Edinburgh, Aug 2019
- Etsy Summer Showcase, Aberdeen, Jun 2019
- Pop Up Shop, White Stuff, Aberdeen, Apr 2019
- The Christmas Collective Market, Aberdeen, Dec 2018
AS SEEN IN: